If you haven’t ever gone to an International Reading Association convention, I hope you make it there one day–they are phenomenal! Since I began attending them, this is the first one I’ve missed since 2005. Thankfully, I can follow along virtually. If you would like to do the same, the links below will help you.
- IRA on Twitter (@Readingtoday). Note: They have several accounts, but this is the one they are officially using to tweet about the convention.
- The official Twitter hashtag is #IRA2012. Even if you are not on Twitter, you can read all the tweets about the convention (those that use #IRA2012) by entering the hashtag on www.twitter.com. Click here for a link with this all set up for you.
- Some people prefer following all the tweets with the hashtag by going to a tweetchat room. Here’s the link for that: http://tweetchat.com/room/IRA2012
- Convention updates are also being posted on these Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/pages/57th-Annual-Convention-Chicago-2012/266420373370415 AND https://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Reading-Association/81491751082.
- Finally, two of the general sessions are being recorded via live stream. You can watch them live or after the video has been processed. Here’s a link: http://www.logicalchoice.tv/default.aspx.
If I missed anything, please let me know in the comment section below. Thanks and enjoy this virtual professional development!